SummaryObsidio is a worthy ending to one of the greatest science fiction series I've ever read. If you've enjoyed the trilogy up to this point I doubt you'll be disappointed.
- The relationships between Illumiae and Gemina characters
- Doesn't rely on absolute shades of black and white. Allows characters and their motivations to be complicated
- Pays off everything that has been set up before.. in the best way possible.
- Clever ways to use the epistolary layout: images, handwritten notes, word art.
- The secondary narratives like that of the resistance fighters were intense and helped feed the tension in the rest of the novel
- Less time spent with the two new leads
- The ending feels abrupt
- Sometumes the binding cuts off the word art (not the fault of anyone)
Have your say!