SummaryIt's very rare that we come across a book where we have differing opinions, but Forest of a Thousand Lanterns managed to split us down the middle. If you don't like main character Xifeng, then you're going to have a hard time with this story. The book follows her descent (more like drop dead sprint) into evil. How worth saving you see her as will affect how you read this story.
- Cool world
- Justifies aspects of the fairy tale in some really cool ways
- An actual honest to god evil god
- Sets up for the rest of the series
- Xifeng has very few redeemable characteristics
- Story is confined to a small section of the setting. We would have liked to see more of the world
Have your say!