SummaryAfter many, many years Clariel has finally be released. Billed as an Abhorsen’s descent to the dark side, there has been so much expectation built up about this novel, so the big question is does it meet expectations. The long and the short of it is: no.
- Intriguing world
- Good premise
- Excellent writing style
- It's so good to be back in this world
- Clariel not being interested in romantic relationships was refreshing
- Awesome side characters
- The fall of Clariel
- The magic system: Charter versus Free Magic
- There are no gender roles in this world
- Vague ending
- Lack of development of secondary characters
Have your say!